Not too long ago I heard of a book called "Cook This Not That" by David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding; you might also know them from their well known book "Eat This Not That". This really got me inspired because I've always wanted to be able to cook good healthy food. Last week while visiting my friend Hannah in Knoxville we did one of our favorite things...took a trip to Barnes and Nobel where I purchased "Cook This Not That". I decided to be like Julie from Julie and Julia and cook my way through the book. So far the book has taught me some of the better brands to buy in the grocery store and what meats, oils, and dairy products are the best for you. Patrick made a delicious meal the other night from our new book: Dr. Pepper Ribs and Mac & Cheese! These recipes are easy to follow..they use ingredients you already have in your pantry, how much money per serving you will spend, and substitutions you can use if needed! Here is my challenge: I'm going to plan a menu for a month and cook every meal from this book. Let's see how well I can stick to it! I'll also be sure to share which recipes are successful and which ones are not...so far:
Dr. Pepper Ribs
Mac & Cheese
Chicken Salad with Curry and Raisins (minus the raisins for me)
Gennie! I am so excited to be mentioned on your blog! And I am glad that "the project," as Julie would say, is going well!
ReplyDelete